MCCAIN - WONG WINGTM/MC JUST WONG WINGTM/MC IT CONTEST
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
THE McCain FOODS (CANADA) WONG WINGTM/MC Just Wong WingTM/MC It contest IS INTENDED TO BE CONDUCTED IN ONTARIO ONLY AND SHALL BE CONSTRUED AND GOVERNED ACCORDING TO APPLICABLE CANADIAN LAW. THE CONTEST IS OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF ONTARIO ONLY. PARTICIPANTS MUST HAVE REACHED THE LEGAL AGE OF MAJORITY AT THE TIME OF ENTRY. CONTEST IS VOID IN WHOLE OR PART WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. ENTRY IN THIS CONTEST CONSTITUTES ACCEPTANCE OF THESE OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES (“CONTEST RULES”).
To be eligible for this contest (“Contest”), an individual must:
- Be a legal resident of Ontario; and
- Be at least the legal age of majority in Ontario at the time of entry.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, employees, representatives and/or agents of McCain Foods (Canada), a division of McCain Foods Limited ("Sponsor") and Metro Ontario Inc., and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, related companies, advertising and promotional agencies and/or any other entity involved in the administration or execution of the Contest (collectively, “Contest Parties”), and the household members and/or the immediate family of any of the above, are not eligible to participate in the Contest. For these Contest Rules, “immediate family" means husband, wife, spouse, mother, father, brother, sister, son and/or daughter, whether or not they reside in the same household.
Sponsor shall have the right at any time to require proof of identity and/or eligibility to participate in the Contest. Failure to provide such proof may result in disqualification (as determined by the Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion). All personal and other information requested by and supplied to Sponsor for this Contest must be truthful, complete, accurate and in no way misleading. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entry or entrant, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, should any entry or Entrant at any stage contain and/or supply untruthful, incomplete, inaccurate or misleading personal details and/or information.
- CONTEST PERIOD.
The Contest entry period begins at 12:00AM Eastern Time (“ET”) on January 28, 2019 and ends on March 4, 2019 at: 11:59:59PM Eastern ET (“Contest Period”).
- HOW TO ENTER CONTEST.
To enter the Contest, consumers must enter one (1) UPC code from any Wong Wing® product at www.justwongwingit.ca (“Entry” or “Entries”).
No Entries will be accepted by any other means. All Entries are final upon submission.
The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to reject, disqualify, and remove any Entries, that the Sponsor deems to be false, deceptive, or otherwise inconsistent with its standards. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to verify any element of any Entry or related materials, request additional information and to disqualify any Entrant whose participation may subject the Contest, Sponsor or Sponsors’ advertisers, clients, or customers to controversy, negative publicity, scorn, or ridicule.
By submitting an Entry, each entrant warrants and represents that his/her Entry is original to him/her and that the entrant has all necessary rights to enter the Contest;
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY: Purchase is not required and does not enhance a person's chance of winning. To enter without purchase, provide in writing, your name, full address, city, province, postal code, phone number (with area code), date of birth and email address along with a hand written original fifty (50) words or more essay about “Why you enjoy Wong WingTM/MC products?” and mail to: “Just Wong WingTM/MC It Contest - 3395 American Drive, Unit 11, Mississauga, ON L4V 1T5. All requests must be post-stamped no later than 11:59:59PM Eastern (ET) on March 4, 2019. Limit of one (1) contest entry per day, per household. Entrants warrant that all essays are original and do not infringe the rights of any third parties. A unique and original essay is required for every mail-in entry. Entries mechanically reproduced or made in any fashion other than as specified herein are void.
- LIMIT OF NUMBER OF ENTRIES.
There is a limit of one (1) Entry per e-mail address per household per day. If it is discovered by the Sponsor (using any evidence or other information made available to or otherwise discovered by the Sponsor) that any person has attempted to: (i) exceed any of the limits stated in these Contest Rules; and/or (ii) use multiple names, identities, email addresses, Accounts and/or any automated, macro, script, robotic or other system(s) or program(s) to enter or otherwise participate in or to disrupt this Contest; then he/she may be disqualified from the Contest in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor. Your Entry may be rejected if (in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor) it is not fully completed with all required information and submitted and received in accordance with these Contest Rules during the Contest Period. The Releasees (defined below) are not responsible for late, lost, misdirected, delayed, incomplete, illegible or incompatible Entries (all of which are void).
There will be a total of three (3) Prizes (“Grand Prize”) to be won, each consisting of a $1,000.00 Metro gift card.
The total value of all Grand Prizes being awarded is CAD $3,000.00. There is a limit of one (1) Grand Prize per household.
The confirmed winners of the Grand Prize shall be referred to as a "Winner" and, collectively, the "Grand Prize Winner(s)".
The Grand Prize must be accepted as awarded and cannot be transferred, assigned, substituted or redeemed for cash, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute a Grand prize of equal or greater value if the Grand Prize cannot be awarded for any reason.
Subject to applicable law, unclaimed Grand Prizes will not be awarded. Grand Prizes pictured in point of sale and print advertising, promotional packaging, and other Contest materials are for illustrative purposes only. In the event of any conflict between any Contest details contained in the Contest Rules and Contest details contained in point of sale, print, advertising, promotional packaging and other promotion media, the details of the Contest set forth in the Contest Rules shall prevail. In no event shall more than the number of each Grand Prize described in the Contest Rules be awarded.
- WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION.
Grand Prize Winners shall be selected as follows:
- The Grand Prize Winners will be selected by random draw, as follows: Three (3) potential Grand Prize Winners will be selected on March 11, 2019 at approximately 11:00 am ET (the first round of the potential Grand Prize Winner will have five (5) business days to respond).
- If any of the foregoing potential Grand Prize Winners are disqualified in accordance with these Contest Rules and a second draw is required: replacement potential Grand Prize Winners will be drawn (the second round of potential Grand Prize Winners will have five (5) business days to respond).
- Deadline for the Sponsor to receive the signed declaration and release will be five (5) business days after receipt of notification of being declared a potential Grand Prize Winner and of the declaration and release
- Each Grand Prize will be couriered to the confirmed Grand Prize Winner within ten (10) business days of the signed Declaration and release being received by Sponsor.
The random draw(s) will take place in Mississauga, Ontario. Potential Grand Prize Winners will be selected from among all eligible Entries received in accordance with these Contest Rules during the Contest Period. The odds of winning a Grand Prize are dependent upon the number of eligible Entries received in accordance with these Contest Rules throughout the Contest Period. Proof of identification must be provided upon request.
The selected potential Grand Prize Winners will be notified by a telephone or e-mail. The potential Grand Prize Winners will be contacted no later than two (2) business days after the drawing date and must respond in the time limits set out above. Each potential Grand Prize Winner is solely responsible for ensuring his/her phone number and e-mail address are set to be able to receive such phone calls or messages, monitoring his/her phone and e-mail for such messages and following all instructions contained in such messages, failing which, he/she may be disqualified (as determined by the Sponsor at its sole discretion). Each potential Grand Prize Winner shall be required to correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question via direct message from email. If a selected potential Prize Winner does not respond within 48 hours in accordance with the Contest Rules with the correct answer or does not return the signed declaration and release within five (5) business days of receipt of the declaration and release (all as determined by the Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion), he/she will be disqualified, he/she will not receive the Grand Prize and another potential Grand Prize Winner may be selected in accordance with the Contest Rules. The Sponsor is not responsible for the failure for any reason whatsoever of a selected potential Grand Prize Winner to receive notification or for the Sponsor to receive a selected potential Grand Prize Winner’s answer. In the event that a potential Grand Prize Winner does not comply with all the provisions as contemplated in these Contest Rules, the Sponsor shall have the right to disqualify such potential Grand Prize Winner and draw an alternate potential Grand Prize Winner and the Sponsor shall be fully and completely released and discharged from any liability or responsibility in this regard.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY.
Each of the Sponsor and its respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, employees, directors, officers, representatives and shareholders (collectively the “Releasees”) assume no responsibility or liability for lost, late, misdirected or incomplete Entries, notifications, responses, replies or any declaration and release, or for any computer, online, social media platform, telephone, hardware, software or technical malfunctions that may occur, including but not limited to, malfunctions that may affect the transmission or non-transmission of an Entry. Releasees are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest. Releasees assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of Entries. Sponsor is not responsible for any problems, failures or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, providers, computer equipment, software, e-mail, players, or browsers, on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, at any website, or on account of any combination of the foregoing. Releasees are not responsible for any injury or damage to an entrant or property (including without limitation to any computer) related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials in this Contest. Entrant assumes liability for injuries caused or claimed to be caused by participating in the Contest, or by the acceptance, possession, use of, or failure to receive any grand prize. Releasees assume no responsibility or liability in the event that the Contest cannot be conducted as planned for any reason, including without limitation those reasons beyond the control of the Releasees, such as infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or corruption of the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest. In no event will more than the number of Grand Prizes (i.e. three (3)) described herein be awarded. If, as a result of an error relating to the entry process, drawing or any other aspect of the Contest, there are more potential winners of any or all Grand Prizes than contemplated in the Contest Rules, Sponsor reserves the right to conduct a random draw in accordance with the Contest Rules from among all remaining eligible Entries to award the correct number of Grand Prizes as set out herein. The Sponsor makes no warranty of any kind or nature with respect to any or all Grand Prizes unless specifically required by law, including but not limited to the fitness for purpose or merchantability. Without limiting the generality of the forgoing, the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to administer an alternate test of skill as it deems appropriate based on the circumstances and/or to comply with applicable law.
By entering this Contest, each entrant agrees to be legally bound by these Contest Rules. Entrant further agrees to be bound by the decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any Entrant found to be: (a) violating the Contest Rules; (b) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest; or (c) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST OR A SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORM OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST BY ATTEMPTING TO FRAUDULANTLY PARTICIPATE IN THE CONTEST OR INFLUENCE ITS OUTCOME MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. ENTRANTS ENGAGING IN ANY OF THE FOREGOING ACTIVITIES (AS DETERMINED BY THE SPONSOR IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION) WILL BE DISQUALIFIED AND SHALL FORFEIT ANY RIGHTS TO A GRAND PRIZE.
By entering the Contest, each entrant hereby agrees to release and hold harmless the Releasees from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to the entrant, Releasees or any other person, including personal injury, death or property damage, resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any grand prize, participation in this Contest, any breach of these Contest Rules, or in any grand prize-related activity. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the entrant agrees to fully indemnify without limitation the Releasees from any and all claims by third parties relating to this Contest.
- PRIVACY / USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION.
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. All intellectual property, including but not limited to trade-marks, trade names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source code, drawings, illustrations, logos, slogans and representations are owned by the Sponsor and/or their respective affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
- LAW. These are official Contest Rules. The Contest is void where prohibited by law and is subject to all Canadian laws and regulations. The Contest Rules are subject to change without notice in order to comply with any applicable federal, provincial or municipal laws or the policy of any other entity having jurisdiction over the Sponsor. The Contest Rules are governed by the laws of the Province of Ontario. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Contest Rules or the rights and obligations as between the entrant and the Sponsor in connection with the Contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the province of Ontario including procedural provisions without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other jurisdiction’s laws.
If you have any questions, please contact the Sponsor using the information available on the following webpage: http://mccain.ca/en/contact-us. Please refer to “McCain Wong WingTM/MC Just Wong WingTM/MC It Contest” in the subject line.